Monday, November 19, 2007

Question 1

Did Julia Alvarez end the book in a good way? Why or why not? If you disagree with the ending, how would you end the novel?

2 comments:

Chanel M. said...

I felt that she ended the novel in a very poor way. The ending told the story of Yolanda's childhood about discovering a litter of kittens. Then Yolanda dumbfoundedly took the kitten and then let it loose in her house unwillingly knowing that it could die. Then she started having nightmares about the mother cat looking for her kittens. I believe that the ending didn't really have any major relations to the plot and was very irrevelent to the story. There wasn't any reference about the kitten or mother cat in any of the chapters except the last one.If I were to end the novel I would just leave the book how it is except I would change the order of the book starting from chronological order.

Emma S. said...

I was disappointed with the ending of the book because it had nothing to do with the plot of the book...what-so-ever. It was also very depressing how the kitty died ;___;