What do you think that the title of the book had to do with the plot, or storyline, of the book? Or, why do you think the author chose to use the word "accents" in the title?
I believe the accents are standing for their heritage since an accent is part of a heritage. This kind of relates to the theme of the book. The girls do so many things that they wouldn't have done if they never moved to America. So, they left their heritage behind when they left home.
I agee with what Nicole had to say! The title of the book, in my opinion, actually sums up the main idea of the story. It is about how the Garcia girls lost their "accents". Accents meaning they lost their heritage when they moved to the United States from the Dominican Republic.
2 comments:
I believe the accents are standing for their heritage since an accent is part of a heritage. This kind of relates to the theme of the book. The girls do so many things that they wouldn't have done if they never moved to America. So, they left their heritage behind when they left home.
I agee with what Nicole had to say! The title of the book, in my opinion, actually sums up the main idea of the story. It is about how the Garcia girls lost their "accents". Accents meaning they lost their heritage when they moved to the United States from the Dominican Republic.
Post a Comment