My favorite character was Mami. I loved how she tried to create new inventions that someone already discovered. I also liked how she kept messing up common American sayings and figures of speech. It kind of showed how, unlike her daughters, tried to stay close to her culture.
I didn't really have a favorite character becuase no one really stood out to me. I would have to chose Sandra as my favorite character because she has Swedish roots like my family except she looks like she's Swedish and I don't. I envy her because she is able to stand apart from her family and be different. Mostly everyone in my family has the same features. I like my ethnic background, but sometime I wish I could have different colored eyes so I could stand out from most of my relatives. What I don't like about Sandra is that she is very dependent and whiny.
I think this is a great question, Emma! Ladies, your responses are more in-depth to this question than the others. I'm intrigued -- I'll have to read this book one of these days!
3 comments:
My favorite character was Mami. I loved how she tried to create new inventions that someone already discovered. I also liked how she kept messing up common American sayings and figures of speech. It kind of showed how, unlike her daughters, tried to stay close to her culture.
I didn't really have a favorite character becuase no one really stood out to me. I would have to chose Sandra as my favorite character because she has Swedish roots like my family except she looks like she's Swedish and I don't. I envy her because she is able to stand apart from her family and be different. Mostly everyone in my family has the same features. I like my ethnic background, but sometime I wish I could have different colored eyes so I could stand out from most of my relatives. What I don't like about Sandra is that she is very dependent and whiny.
I think this is a great question, Emma! Ladies, your responses are more in-depth to this question than the others. I'm intrigued -- I'll have to read this book one of these days!
Post a Comment